March 19, 2011

Reading Meme -Day 08

Day 08 - Your Favorite Work in Translation

Unfortunately, I can't say I've read many books in translation. There were a couple I read in high school, and maybe 2-3 since then. Because of this, my favorite will seem like a cop-out, seeing it's so popular right now:

The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson

Stieg Larsson tells a riveting tale of familial intrigue and betrayal, and I liked how everything was wrapped up in the end. I've seen a lot of people say they liked the second or third book in the Millenium trilogy better than the first. I can even see why. However, the first book is a stand alone, while books two and three are so interconnected it can be difficult to pull them apart, and that's why I picked the first as my favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment