January 28, 2011

Reading Meme Day 03

Reading Meme Day 03: Your Favorite Recent Book

This one is a tough one. There have been quite a few books that have come out in recent months, and quite a few that I've been so excited about that I had to go out and buy it on release day.

The question is, what counts as recent? I'm going to go with 6 months.

What books have come out in the last six months? Quite a few. But which one to pick? Do I pick the latest installment of The Wheel of Time, Towers of Midnight, by Robert Jordan and Brandon Sanderson? Or do I pick the first book in what is sure to be a top-notch fantasy series, like The Black Prism, by Brent Weeks or The Way of Kings, also by Brandon Sanderson? (Seriously, the man writes more than is humanly possible. I'm convinced he's part machine.)

The more I think about it, the more I can't make a decision. All three of the aforementioned books were fantastic, and I've already read each of them twice. So that's what I'm going with. Yep. (*Note: All blurbs and images from www.goodreads.com)

The Way of Kings:




Speak again the ancient oaths,
Life before death.
Strength before weakness.
Journey before Destination.
and return to men the Shards they once bore.
The Knights Radiant must stand again.





The Black Prism:




Gavin Guile is the Prism, the most powerful man in the world. He is high priest and emperor, a man whose power, wit, and charm are all that preserves a tenuous peace. But Prisms never last, and Guile knows exactly how long he has left to live: Five years to achieve five impossible goals.







Towers of Midnight:





The Last Battle has started. The seals on the Dark One’s prison are crumbling. The Pattern itself is unraveling, and the armies of the Shadow have begun to boil out of the Blight.

The sun has begun to set upon the Third Age.

No comments:

Post a Comment