January 22, 2011

Challenge!!

Some blogger friends of mine have recently discovered a new reading challenge, and being the lemming that I am, I'm following in line.

Bookish Ardour's Reading Challenges is hosting a challenge with one goal in mind: Read all those books on your bookshelf that you haven't read yet, rather than running out to the bookstore to buy the shiny new ones. They offer several levels of challenge, and I'm having trouble deciding what level to take on (From their website):

Challenge Levels
  1. Tempted– Choose 5 books to read
  2. Trying – Choose 15 books to read
  3. Making A Dint – Choose 30 books to read
  4. On A Roll – Choose 50 books to read
  5. Flying Off – Choose 75 books to read
Here's my thinking: I currently have 19 books on my shelf, 3 Audiobooks on CD, countless eBooks on my Kindle, and quite a few audiobooks from audible just calling my name. Of the books on my shelf, 14 are actually mine, the other 5 are books my roommate gave me with orders to read them or suffer a long painful death. And there are SO MANY good books coming out this year!

So I think I'll choose Level 2: Trying. With as many books as I plan on reading, I should be able to read 15 I already own, right? Especially if I can count the eBooks and Audiobooks in the challenge.

Oh, and don't worry. I'll review every book I read, even if they are decades old and smell a little funny.

Wish me luck!

1 comment: