January 21, 2011

Reading Meme Day 01

Reading Meme Day 01: Your favorite series of books (with more than 3 in the series)

There are quite a few book series that I am currently reading and/or that I have read and enjoyed a great deal in the past. As such, it’s very difficult for me to pick one. So, I’ve picked the one that has affected my life the most:







The Blurb (www.goodreads.com)

The Wheel of Times turns and Ages come and go, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the Age that gave it birth returns again. In the Third Age, and Age of Prophecy, the World and Time themselves hang in the balance. What was, what will be, and what is, may yet fall under the Shadow.

Something about this series stuck with me when I started reading it my freshman year of college. My roommate suggested it to me, saying, “I liked the first one, then it got to weird, but I think it’s perfect for you!” So I picked up the Eye of the World, and I was half-way through it when I went out and bought all the others that were out at the time in paperback (book 8, I think). Then, when I had finished reading what was available, I went online in search of like minded people to talk to about them, and I joined a Yahoo Group. There, I made some of the best friends I’ve ever had. Then, because I couldn’t stop talking about them, I got some of my real-life friends hooked, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment